For this list I’ll be concentrating on online home businesses for women. Initially, I wanted to make a list of jobs that a single mom can do at home, but realized it actually applies to just about any woman too.
Aside from jobs that target female customers, there are also jobs that really only work if there’s a woman taking care of it. These usually involve customer service type roles, telemarketing, coaching and counseling.
Any stay at home mom or woman can probably earn a bit from the more in demand jobs. Almost any online job can be done by anyone regardless of gender, but in some cases, a female touch is preferred. There are some jobs that just work better with a feminine touch.
On to the list:
- Voice customer support. Women have an edge here because of their voice. Typically a woman’s voice will sound more comforting or trustworthy over the phone. This makes it better for dealing with customers, especially the irate ones. Of course it may not be as enjoyable, but if handled well, a veteran voice support customer agent will be able to take care of a difficult customer.
- Voice talent. In the same vein as a voice customer agent, a feminine voice will often sound better when explaining or selling certain products. A good example of these types of products is make-up and clothing.
- Fashion & Makeup blogger. Speaking of Fashion, blogs specializing in this topic usually have good traffic. As in offline business, this is primarily the domain of female bloggers. This is because they are the biggest consumers of fashion, whether clothing, make-up or perfume, and many more items.
- Counseling. A well trained telephone counselor can work wonders. A female counselor naturally sounds sympathetic which is important when counseling people in need.
- Telemarketing. On the other hand, a sincere and sympathetic sounding voice also works in Telemarketing. Especially when trying to overcome a lead’s objections.
- Niche Consulting. Some niches are dominated by women experts. This is where they can come in to offer their services.
- Tutoring. Academic subjects like math and grammar can now be taught remotely through video conference. A woman can take advantage of the impression that female teachers are more effective when teaching elementary school kids.
- Craft making. Some crafts women excel in their art. Similar to fashion, special hand crafted items have more women customers. If you have a knack for making interesting stuff. You can market it online to earn some cash. You might even end up with a loyal customer base that’ll snap- up items you’ve made.
This list isn’t an exhaustive one or is it even a fixed one. Some of these jobs can probably be done by talented guys too. A lot of these jobs will likely evolve to something else altogether. It all really depends on whether there is a demand for it. But it is always good to know what is available right now and which ones you have an edge in.