Press release SEO is a technique that makes good use of online News Sites. Basically you write a press release and submit it. Your press release has to follow the basic requirements for optimization like visibility in the titles, density and placement.
A press release is a story communicated by a company, organization or individual directly to news sites. It’s created to announce a new event, development or product launch. It’s something that can be deemed news worthy as opposed to just being informative.
There are a lot of free sites that you can submit to. They generally have good levels of authority which is good for SEO. The challenge is to get your back link on your press release.
Most news sites will not allow you to put a back link on the press release. A few who do allow it usually charge a fee. Be sure to check out the policies for each site. You can indicate your home page on your press release and that can send traffic your way.
After submission and approval, a press release will be published by the news site or wire service. The published information will then get indexed by search engines and all applicable SEO strategies you followed when you wrote it, will take effect.
Timely and Relevant Content
It’s critical that we have good content to write about. For press releases, it is not only about informing a reader but making sure that the news we are announcing is useful to them.
If you have a brick and mortar location, you can write a release about a new branch you’re opening. Some larger companies issue press releases if any of their top management people like CEOs get replaced. You don’t have to be a huge company to do the same. An announcement about promotions within the company can be a good news topic.
The introduction of a new product line, new branch or new promotion is something that would make a good press release. It is both interesting and timely to readers – perfect material for press release SEO.
- Easier to produce since you are only concerned with optimizing the content. The news site takes care of formatting your information to fit on their site.
- Potentially wide reach and a captured audience of news subscribers.
- There is a chance that it can be picked up by other media channels but it depends a lot on the site you submitted it to.
- High authority sites that give the best results, due to their wider reach, usually cost a lot.
- Unlike blog postings, a press release isn’t made for regular articles. You have to find something news worthy to announce and it really looks spammy if you post one too often.
- Back links are not allowed on a lot of the free news sites.
In conclusion, press release SEO can be a very useful tool for your optimization efforts however care must be taken to avoid over doing it.