Want to know how to make money as an Amazon Associate? It’s actually quite simple. Amazon.com has an affiliate program that works like this:
- You apply for an account and sign up to Amazon Associate (it’s free)
- You promote Amazon products on your website and have a unique tracking ID that lets Amazon know you referred the customer to them
- If the customer you refer buys ANYTHING on Amazon.com within the next 24 hours, you receive a commission
- You are paid on a monthly basis
Commission amounts vary based on how many product sales you have referred to Amazon in that month:
I first became an Amazon Associate because I saw a huge potential. I realized I could open an eCommerce store full of tens of thousands of niche items and all I would have to do is find a way to get that Amazon Associates store traffic that converts. I would not need to find any new suppliers, I would not need to send orders to drop shippers, I would not need to deal with any customer service issues.
I would simply have to send buyers to Amazon, then collect my commissions.
Then I thought, how was I going to do this? What’s my plan? Here were my goals:
- Start an eCommerce website where each product would be sold via the Amazon Associates program
- Choose a niche that I wanted to get involved with in the past for a drop ship website, but could not get approved for suppliers on my own
- Choose a niche where I could find at least 30,000 products where half would be high priced (over $2,000) and half would be extremely cheap (under $10)