When trying to create niche websites, research is very important. You need to ask the following questions:
- What are the most profitable industries?
- How much can I make or should I charge per lead/sale?
- What keywords should I focus on?
I recommend you to check ServiceMagic.com.
Service Magic provides cost per lead data on virtually all home services-related industries and some others including auto service ($10/lead), event planning ($40/lead), pet care ($10/lead).
How do I use this information?
- If you are a marketing agency, you want to do SEM and to know the value of your clients’ business, Service Magic can provide you an estimate how much you should need to charge to your clients.
- Also, if you want to create a local home services directory website, this information will tell you:
- What industries should I target
- How much is a lead worth to my customers
- If you are looking for a niche in home services, this information will tell you where the most money is, and what markets may have low competition (instead of trying to rank for [location] construction, you can now try to rank for [location] garage construction.
- Domainers (people who buy domains and sell them) can use this information for acquiring the most valuable domains.
Service Magic has two different pricing structures. The numbers shown are the less expensive program, which involves pre-paid accounts (Premier Pro). The pay-as-you-go option is far more expensive (10-35%, an average of ~25% more per lead). This is called Lead Select. Keep in mind that the numbers shown may be 1/3 more than shown.
Roofing, Siding and Gutters
Roofing Install or Replacement – $55/$66
(Same price for Asphalt Shingle, Flat, Foam, Single Ply, Metal, Natural Slate, Traditional Tile, Wood Shake or Composite)
Exterior Painting or Staining: Liquid (Spray-On) Siding Apply $55/$66
Concrete, Brick and Stone: Brick or Stone Siding Install $50/$60
Vinyl Siding Install or Replace $55
Wood or Fiber-Cement Siding Install $55
Nursing Home Medicare/Medicaid $65
Nursing Home Private Pay $65
Additions, Building Outbuildings and Structures
Addition to Existing Structure Build $50/$60
Garage Build – $50/$60
Greenhouse Build $50/$60
Remodels and Renovations
Bathroom Remodel – $50/$60
Kitchen Remodel – $50/$60
Pool Enclosure Build $50
Shelter or Outbuilding Build $50
Major Renovation Multiple Rooms – $50/$60
Remodel to Accommodate a Disability – $50/$60
Disability Elevator or Chair Lift Install – $50/$60
Building Site Preparation and Clearing – $50/$60
Roofing: Roofing Install or Replacement
Recovery Services Disaster
Major Home Repairs (General Contractor) $50
Recovery Service Earthquake Damage $50
Heating and Cooling
Air Conditioning and Cooling: Central A/C Install – $42/$51
Central Heating System: Central Heating System Install or Replace – $42/$51
Heat Pump Install or Replace – $42/$51
Windows and Doors
New Windows Multiple – $42/$51
Electrical, Telephone and Wiring
Electrical for Additions and Remodels Install $50/$60
Home Automation System Install / Service $50
Building Automation System Install / Service $60
Audio/Visual System Install $60
Generator Install $33/$50
Solar Panels/Electric System Install $42/$51
Faucents, Fixtures and Pipes: Plumbing for Additions and Remodels Install – $50/$60
Septic System Install or Replace – $33/$50
Boiler or Radiator Heating System Install $33/$50
Painting and Staining
Exterior Home or Structure Paint or Stain – $42/$51
Interior Home or Surfaces Paint or Stain $36/$54
Specialty Painting: Faux Finishes, Mural or Trompe Lâ™oeil, Textures – $36/$54
Hardwood: Hardwood Wood Flooring Install or Replace $38/$57
Tile: Stone (Granite, Marble, Slate, etc) Install $33/$50
Laminate and Vinyl: Simulated Wood or Stone Laminate Install $33/$50
Carpentry and Cabinets
Wood Fence Install – $33/$50
Carpentry Framing Install $50
And the most expensive lead is? With a per-lead price of $80/lead, real estate developers top the list.
You can also download the whole list at here