Over the last 24 months, the explosion of mobile and social media is literally transforming the email inbox and the way people view and interact with their email. If you aren’t integrating mobile and social into your current email strategy, you’re seriously missing the boat. On average there are over 145 Billion emails sent daily and the advancement of email worldwide is on an upward trend.
Here are 9 quick tips to make sure you integrate mobile and social into your current emailing strategies.
- Create mobile versions of your email and web pages
- Offer promotions that are redeemable in-store via mobile
- Embed social media links into your emails
- Drive email opt-ins from social networks
- Start implementing cross-channel campaigns
- Add “Share to social” links in your emails (Viral)
- Start using video to drive customer engagement
- Leverage social insights to drive your email content
- Drive customers to Pinterest boards via email
In case you are unaware:
96% of the US market is on a mobile phone
44% of the US market has a smartphone
29% of the US market has a tablet or eReader
Time to take a strong look at your current email strategies don’t you think?